NY Times highlights LDS bride who planned wedding in 5 days

• moresureword Maple Grove, MN
    March 24, 2017 7:31 a.m.

"One LDS bride ... planned her entire wedding in only five days, according to an article from The New York Times. ... With so little time to plan the wedding, Hardman had to prioritize."

This story is not about planning a wedding, but rather about planning a reception after a Mormon Temple marriage. It has no relevance to the general public, so it is odd to see its relevance and noteworthiness for other human beings, who are not Mormons.

I wish this couple the best, but there are so many without the financial opportunities that have been afforded this couple and without the opportunity to find a mate, which is sad in itself.

• theOtter Cincinnati, OH
    March 21, 2017 7:13 a.m.

That’s awesome, but $4,500 for a temple wedding? What the heck? I think we spent $500 on ours, and that was with four months to plan.

Still, awesome story!

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    March 21, 2017 12:29 a.m.

Limiting it to 5 days likely costs more for any individual item, but I'm thinking the total cost would likely be far less.

I always told me parents any wedding could happen within two weeks IF you could find a place to hold the reception. When my mother said it would not be possible to sew the bride's maids dresses in such a short time, I replied: "Buy them, don't make them yourself." After she said that would be more expensive I told her I didn't say it would be cheap, but still possible to do in two weeks. Then she asked about invitations and I said that item would be first after making arrangements for the place of the wedding and the reception. My wife and I had 4 months and we still had a lousy photographer, but at least the bride's family chose them, not me. I mainly planned the honeymoon and that was terrific.

Best part: The Bride! Lucky me!!!

• RR_Xing San Diego, CA
    March 20, 2017 4:14 p.m.

Five days from engagement to marriage? I think that would be called the wedding of HIS dreams.

• Yes_I_Am South Jordan, UT
    March 20, 2017 1:51 p.m.

I loved this story. I'll be sharing it with my two daughters. I wish the happy couple all the best. The easy part is now behind them. :-)

• mallow Pleasant Grove, UT
    March 20, 2017 12:22 p.m.

Loved your prioritizing. We can all learn a lot from you. Thanks and Best Wishes!